Spindle Brake Kit for Haas TL Series Lathes MY2016 and newer
Static spindle brake for Haas TL series lathes MY2016 and newer for use with A2-5 (2.3") or A2-6 (3.5") spindle.
This spindle brake allows an operator to firmly hold the spindle for live-tool machining, keyway broaching, advanced automation, and fast chuck change-overs. This brake fits cleanly inside the TL series motor housing and does not interfere with the re-installation of the factory motor housing cover or spindle drip-catch box. The caliper support frame is 1/8" thick and, as such, the motor housing cover and drip-catch box sit 1/8" beyond their original location.
This brake may be actuated by both (or either) M-Code (relay closure) or panel mounted push-button (included). In either case, the red LED lights to warn the operator when the brake is engaged.
Typical Spindle Holding Torque vs. Pressure Setting:
- @100 psi: 106 ft. lbs. (0.69 MPa: 122 Nm)
- @80 psi: 69 ft. lbs. (0.55 MPa: 93.7 Nm)
- @60 psi: 49 ft. lbs. (0.41 MPa: 66.8 Nm)
- @40 psi: 32 ft. lbs. (0.28 MPa: 43.4 Nm)
- @20 psi: 17 ft. lbs. (0.14 MPa: 23.0 Nm)
Included in the kit:
- Caliper support frame & Disk Brake Caliper
- Support frame hardware for flush mount of support frame
- Alloy Steel Spindle Brake Rotor & Rotor Mounting Hardware
- 110 VAC Electro-pneumatic M-Code actuator (PNEUACT)
- All 18-8 SS hardware required for installation is included
- Installation Instructions & Installation Template
- 58" M-CODE wiring cable
- 100" lighted PUSH BUTTON wiring assembly
- Installation instructions, wiring diagram, & installation template
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Installation requires careful drilling and tapping of 5 holes into the TL lathe casting as well as holes in the TL cabinet for the electro-pneumatic actuator. An experienced shop machinist can complete the installation in about 3 hours.
Tools Required for Installation:
- Sharpie Marker, tape
- Center Punch
- Electric Drill
- Drill bits: #40, #22, #6, #15, "D", #7, 3/8", 15/32"
- Allen Wrench Sets: SAE and Metric
- Large and Small Torque Wrench
- #2 & #3 Phillips Screwdrivers
- Small flat-blade screwdriver
- Tap wrench and 1/4-20 tap
- De-burring tool for holes
- 1/4" Allen Socket Bit for Torque Wrench + 3" Socket Extension
- Wire cutters
- This brake is for static use only.
- Never apply the brake when the spindle is turning.
- Never engage spindle rotation when the brake is engaged.
- Maximum RPM: 3000
- Standard shipping is UPS ground.
- DHL export shipping available on request. Contact sales for export shipping quote.