Spindle Brake Kit for Haas TL Series Lathes MY2016 and newer
Static spindle brake for Haas TL series lathes MY2016 and newer.
This spindle brake allows an operator to firmly hold the spindle still for faster change-over of the chuck. This brake fits cleanly inside the TL series motor housing and does not interfere with the re-installation of the factory motor housing cover, or the operation of the spindle drip-catch box. Both of these install over the top of the flush-fitting spindle brake assembly. The brake assembly is 1/8" thick and, as such, the cover and drip-catch box sit 1/8" beyond their original location.
Included in the kit:
- Caliper support frame & Disk Brake Caliper
- Support frame hardware for flush mount of support frame
- Alloy Steel Spindle Brake Rotor & Rotor Mounting Hardware
- 110V Electro-pneumatic M-Code actuator (PNEUACT)
- All hardware required for installation included and is stainless steel
- Installation Instructions & Installation Template
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Installation requires careful drilling and tapping of 5 holes into the TL lathe casting as well as holes in the TL cabinet for the electro-pneumatic actuator. An experienced shop machinist can complete the installation in about 3 hours.
Tools Required for Installation:
- Sharpie Marker
- Center Punch
- Electric Drill
- Drill bits: #40, #22, #6, #15, "D"
- Allen Wrench Sets: SAE and Metric
- Torque Wrench
- #3 Phillips Screwdriver
- Tap wrench and 1/4-20 tap
- De-burring tool for holes
- 1/4" Allen Bit for Torque Wrench + 3" Socket Extension
- Wire cutters
This brake is for static use only!
Never apply the brake when the spindle is turning.
Never engage spindle rotation when the brake is engaged.
Maximum RPM: 3000