Spindle Brake Kit for Haas TL-1 Lathe MY2016 and newer
Static spindle brake for Haas TL-1 series lathes MY2016 and newer.
This spindle brake allows an operator to firmly hold the spindle still for faster change-over of the chuck. This brake fits cleanly inside the TL series motor housing and does not interfere with the re-installation of the factory motor housing cover, or the operation of the spindle drip-catch box. Both of these install over the top of the flush-fitting spindle brake assembly. The brake assembly is 1/8" thick and, as such, the cover and drip-catch box sit 1/8" beyond their original location.
Included in the kit:
- Caliper support frame & Disk Brake Caliper
- Support frame hardware for flush mount of support frame
- Alloy Steel Spindle Brake Rotor & Rotor Mounting Hardware
- Caliper handle, Caliper Stanchion, Cable and Hardware
- All hardware required for installation included and is stainless steel
- Installation Instructions
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Installation requires careful drilling and tapping of 5 holes into the TL lathe casting as well as 4 holes in the TL cabinet for the lever stanchion. An experienced shop machinist can complete the installation in about 3 hours.
Tools Required for Installation:
- Sharpie Marker
- Center Punch
- Electric Drill
- Drill bits: #40, #22, #6, #15, "D"
- Allen Wrench Sets: SAE and Metric
- Torque Wrench
- #3 Phillips Screwdriver
- Tap wrench and 1/4-20 tap
- De-burring tool for holes
- 1/4" Allen Bit for Torque Wrench + 3" Socket Extension
- Wire cutters
This brake is for static use only!
Never apply the brake when the spindle is turning.
Never engage spindle rotation when the brake is engaged.
Maximum RPM: 3000
Optional M-Code Electro-pneumatic Brake Actuator